Thanks to a generous donation in 1910, Mary Schneck (1837-1914) contributed land and $5,000 to build the hospital as a memorial to her late husband, Louis Schneck (1831-1905), one of Seymour's pioneer industrialists.
Jackson County Schneck Memorial Hospital opened its doors in 1911 as a 17-bed facility with the finest staff and equipment available at the time.
Schneck Medical Center has 93 private patient suites. We employ a highly qualified and caring staff of more than 875 employees, and work with nearly 150 physicians of varying specialties. Schneck encompasses more than 260,000 square feet of state-of-the-art facilities and equipment.
The only organization in Indiana to be honored with the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, Schneck is honored to recieve the nation’s highest presidential honor for quality and performance excellence. Becker’s Hospital Review named Schneck one of the nation’s Top 100 Great Hospitals, one of the nation’s Top 100 Great Community Hospitals, and Gary Meyer, President/CEO, was recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Leaders of Hospitals.
Schneck is among the seven percent of hospitals nationwide that have achieved Magnet® status from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Schneck’s Cancer Center has been honored by the American College of Surgeons for excellence as the recipient of a commendation from the Commission on Cancer and the Outstanding Achievement Award for cancer care. Its Women’s Imaging Center has been designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
Schneck has been named as one of Indiana’s “Best Places to Work” and recognized nationally as a “Best Place to Work” in healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Review, Modern Healthcare magazine, and HealthExecNews.
Schneck Medical Center - Better Healthcare Begins Here.