The following programs are in this category.
- Bariatric Informational Seminar
Meets the second Monday of each month at 6 p.m., Classroom 3.
Program Contact: Call 812-523-5879 for more information.
- Bariatric surgery has helped thousands lose significant amounts of weight. To learn more about your options, attend this FREE education seminar. Topics covered will include the benefits of bariatric surgery, how the procedure is performed, and the treatment process. Presented by the Schneck bariatric program coordinator and bariatric surgeon.
- Fresh Start Smoking Cessation-FREE!
Call for 2013 schedule. Classes are scheduled on an as needed basis, with availability of attendees.
Program Contact: Call 812-522-0401 for more information or to register.
- Coordinated by the Respiratory & Sleep Services Department, this program is a series of four classes in which you will learn approaches to stop smoking, managing the first few days after stopping, managing stress, mastering obstacles, and tips to stay off cigarettes.
- Joint Replacement Seminar
Call 523-3311 for upcoming dates and locations.
- Having a joint replaced is a decision with life-long impact. For those considering knee, hip, or shoulder replacement surgery, Schneck's Bone & Joint Center sponsors FREE seminars.
You'll learn about the causes of chronic joint pain and treatment options available. Receive tips about diet, exercise, and medication. Plus, you'll have the opportunity to speak one-on-one with the experts, our orthopedic surgeons and joint care staff.
Return to the Categories
- Look Good... Feel Better
Classes are held at 6 p.m. in the Schneck Cancer Center.
Program Contact: Call your American Cancer Society at 1-800-227-2345 to register and reserve your spot.
- Look Good...Feel Better provides information and cosmetic advice to women battling cancer. This training includes hands-on instruction about makeup, skin care, and suggestions for using wigs, turbans, and scarves. It also includes tips on nail care while undergoing treatment.
Cosmetics are provided for your personal make-over. This program is FREE of charge and facilitated by trained, licensed cosmetologists - all American Cancer Society volunteers.