Breast Health Navigator
Schneck Medical Center is pleased to offer Breast Health Navigation. Breast Health Navigators are nursing professionals who are specially trained to coordinate the clinical, educational, and supportive needs of our patients who are either facing a possible breast cancer diagnosis or are newly diagnosed with breast cancer. The Breast Health Navigator helps patients and their loved ones navigate along the way. Their role is to serve as an expert and guide for patients in all aspects of their breast care. From the time of an abnormal mammogram, the Breast Health Navigator is available, providing education, support, and assistance to obtain comprehensive breast care at Schneck Medical Center.
Breast Health Navigators:
- Coordinate with the patient, family, and caregivers to provide timely appointments and procedures.
- Link the patient with appropriate resources such as social workers, who can be a valuable resource for financial and psychological care.
- Provide education throughout the disease process for the patient, family, and caregivers.
- Facilitate communication between the patient and providers.
- Link the patient with appropriate follow-up care at completion of treatment.
If you are facing a breast cancer diagnosis, please call (812) 522-0480 to speak with our Breast Health Navigators or email us. Let us help you navigate a path to wellness.
Sally Acton, RN, MSM, OCN
Director, Cancer Services
Lynda Richey, RN, BSN, OCN
Manager, Medical Oncology