Financial Assistance Policy
Schneck Medical Center's policies allow fair discounts and protection to low income or uninsured patients and ensure consistent and fair collection practices. Schneck publishes a financial assistance policy that is consistent with our mission and values and takes into account each patient's ability to contribute to the cost of his or her care and Schneck's financial ability to provide care. We are committed to ensuring a financially sound organization through responsible care of the resources entrusted to us, so that we may continue to provide outstanding medical care with a highly skilled workforce and advanced technology.
The hospital communicates this policy to the public by the following means:
- Schneck conspicuously posts in all registration areas of the hospital the telephone number patients may call to obtain further information on the hospital's financial assistance policy.
- The patient handbook includes information on the hospital's financial assistance policy.
- Computerized billing statements include information on the financial assistance policy including contact information, telephone numbers, and an email address for any patient requesting assistance.
Schneck's Financial Assistance Program is designed to:
Download the full policies:
Financial Assistance Policy, November 2015
Poliza de Asistencia Financiera, Noviembre 2015
Credit and Collection Policy, November 2015
Poliza de Credito y Cobranza, Noviembre 2015
- Use a consistent sliding fee scale for patient liability in assessing patient financial need. The ranges serve as a guide in offering financial assistance.
- Provide extended payment plans with no interest charges to our low income and uninsured patients.
- Assist patients in applying for state and/or federal financial aid programs for which they qualify.
For more information, please contact Patient Financial Services at (812) 522-0411 or email us