Joint Replacement Surgery
Chronic joint pain can hinder quality of life. To get you back to your prime, you need an orthopedic practice that uses innovative, minimally invasive replacement procedures. Schneck Medical Center is one of only seven Indiana hospitals to receive The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for hip and knee replacements. This national recognition means you can be confident that you are getting the highest level of orthopedic care.
Anterior Approach Hip Replacement
is today’s most advanced surgical technique for hip replacement. Unlike traditional hip replacement surgery, this innovative technique allows our experienced surgeons to use a smaller incision on the front of the hip to replace the joint without cutting or detaching any muscle during surgery. This means less pain, a significantly faster recovery and increased mobility for patients.
Visionaire Knee Replacement
surgery is just as advanced. This technique uses the patient’s own MRI and full-leg X-ray to design and create customized guides and instruments. This results in more accurate knee alignment, longer implant longevity and a faster recovery.
Innovative procedures are paired with innovative care. Schneck Orthopedics and Sports Medicine partners with the Schneck Bone & Joint Center and Schneck Rehabilitation Services to offer quicker recovery for joint replacement patients. The joint replacement team at Schneck has developed a comprehensive course of treatment.
Our Joint Replacement Program Features:
- Pre-operative education and testing
- Involvement of a family member or friend as your coach
- Nurses and therapists with special training in the care of joint patients
- Orthopedic nurse navigator to coordinate your stay
- Case managers to coordinate your care needs and assist with discharge planning
- Private, comfortable patient suites in a dedicated area
- Individualized physical therapy sessions tailored to your personal goals
- Occupational therapists to help you with assistive devices, joint protection, and energy conservation techniques that can be used during activities of daily living, work and leisure
- Coordinated after-care guide and follow-up calls from staff trained to help you with your transition to home