Breast Health Capabilities
We believe a comprehensive approach to breast health care, from prevention and screening to diagnosis and treatment to follow-up care, is the only way to reach successful outcomes. Providing this care in one convenient location, close to our patients’ homes, brings them comfort and security.
Our leading-edge technology has received recognition from the American College of Radiology as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, while the Schneck Cancer Center was awarded commendations from the Commission on Cancer. These quality awards are one more way we serve our patients.
Prevention & Screening
Schneck provides support services using the latest technology to aid in early detection of breast cancer by offering exams such as:
- Digital screening and diagnostic mammography
- Heel DEXA Scans
- Clinical Breast Exams
- Genetic testing and discussion for high risk patients
- Referrals to genetic counselors
Schneck’s Breast Health Program brings you the most advanced breast health care, close to home. Our top physicians, special imaging technologists and certified nurse navigators will guide you through mammograms, minimally invasive biopsies and next steps, so you’re never alone in breast health care.
- Diagnosis Diagnostic techniques include digital mammography, breast ultrasound, breast MRI, stereotactic breast biopsy, and other minimally invasive diagnostic methods. Schedule your screening mammogram.
- State-of-the-art Treatments Schneck uses state-of-the-art chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgical approaches. Your physician will help you choose the treatment options that are best for you.
- Breast Cancer Conference A multidisciplinary team meets monthly. Dr. Amanda Dick, Cancer Liaison Physician and Breast Champion, coordinates the meeting. The group reviews each patient’s care to create a custom treatment plan.
- Nurse Navigation From diagnosis through treatment, the nurse navigator works closely with patients and physicians to facilitate smooth movement through the treatment process. The nurse navigator also performs ongoing assessments to monitor each patient’s progress. Learn more about our nurse navigators.
- Resource Center The resource center within the Cancer Center features cancer-specific information, resources, and treatment options. Schneck partners with the American Cancer Society to offer the latest cancer materials available.
- Support Groups Knowing others have gone through diagnosis, treatment, and recovery is an important part of cancer care. A general support group is offered at the Cancer Center. Schneck partners with the American Cancer Society to offer comprehensive support for all types of cancers. Learn about the Cancer Support Group.
- Spiritual Support Coordinated through our plan of care, a chaplain minister is available to patients regardless of religious affiliation.
- Lymphedema Management Patients who experience swelling of the upper arm (as a side effect of treatment) are able to have therapy to alleviate symptoms. Therapy for lymphedema is offered through Schneck Rehabilitation Services.
- Survivorship Follow-up care and survivorship are an integral part of the patient’s care plan. A specific, unique survivorship care plan is developed and given to the patient and their family doctor. Care is coordinated by the Cancer Center staff.