Schneck's Cardiac Rehabilitation program includes exercise and education that is individually tailored for each participant. The program is designed to assist you in reaching your highest possible functional capacity safely and comfortably.
To compliment the exercise program, individual and group educational programs are held for you and members of your family. Helping you understand heart disease will put you one step closer to managing it.
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation
Regular participation in Cardiac Rehabilitation will help you reach your optimum functional capacity while helping you reduce your risk of further cardiac events. Cardiac Rehabilitation also facilitates in alleviating current cardiac symptoms such as fatigue, weakness, chest pain. Participation can also aid in the control of diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol, body fat, and stress.
There are three phases to Schneck Medical Center’s Cardiac Rehabilitation program:
- Phase I is the continued care you receive while in the hospital. It begins when you enter the hospital and lasts until you are discharged.
- Phase II begins two to four weeks after hospitalization. During exercise classes your electrocardiogram, heart rate, and blood pressure will be monitored while you use a variety of equipment that will help with upper and lower body conditioning. These classes will meet three times a week for eighteen to thirty-six visits.
- Phase III is Cardiac Wellness and serves as a health maintenance exercise program. It offers you the opportunity to take advantage of continuing with a medically supervised exercise program in a group setting.
Who Needs Cardiac Rehabilitation?
Anyone who has suffered a cardiac event such as coronary artery bypass surgery, coronary angioplasty (balloon procedure), stent placement, heart attack, chest pain, heart transplant, heart failure can reap the benefits.
Also, individuals who have risk factors for heart disease such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and those that smoke can benefit greatly from this program.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Goals:
- Understand the risk factors for heart disease to help reduce the potential for a recurrent heart attack.
- Recognize the signs of heart disease and when to seek medical treatment.
- Recover from heart disease.
- Start a safe effective exercise program.
- Understand cardiac medications.
- Improve nutrition and move toward an ideal body weight.
- Lower cholesterol levels.
- Increase physical activity, return to work, and enjoy leisure activities.
Excellence in Care & Technology
Schneck’s Cardiac Rehabilitation is a personalized exercise and education program that is individually tailored for each participant by our trained staff of nursing professionals and exercise physiologist.
Our Cardiac Rehabilitation program has proven to be an effective tool to help individuals with heart disease and those at risk for heart disease. For further information regarding Cardiac Rehabilitation, call (812) 522-0155.