Pulmonary Rehabilitation works to better the lives of people with breathing difficulties. Although the disease processes of emphysema, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or other pulmonary diseases cannot be stopped, we can change the patient’s life for the better.
If you have a pulmonary disorder, you know how your breathing can get in the way of doing the things you love. With rehabilitation, you can live a more productive and enjoyable lifestyle through activity, training, breath retraining, education, and encouragement.
Benefits of Pulmonary Rehabilitation
You will learn breathing techniques to help you cope with shortness of breath. Additionally, you will begin breath retraining along with activity training. This helps recondition your muscles to relieve shortness of breath and to reduce fatigue levels.
There are many benefits of receiving pulmonary rehabilitation, including:
- Improved quality of life
- Reduced respiratory symptoms
- Increased ability to perform activities of daily living
- Better understanding of your disease process
- Improved self-esteem
- Reduced hospitalizations, emergency room and physician visits
- Learning your physical limitations
- Learning the importance of reconditioning exercise
- Reduced health care expenses related to breathing
- Support from staff and other patients in group
Who Needs Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
Individuals diagnosed with:
- Chronic Asthma
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Black Lung
- Pneumoconiosis due to other inorganic dust
- Pneumonectomy or Lobectomy
- Lung Cancer
- Other Breathing Difficulties
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Goals:
- Control and alleviate, as much as possible, the symptoms and complications of pulmonary impairment.
- Condition patients to achieve optimal capacity to carry out everyday living activities and increase exercise tolerance.
- Decrease anxiety and depression and improve quality of life.
- Promote independence and self-reliance as well as facilitate returning to work.
- Reduce exacerbations and hospitalizations.
Excellence in Care & Technology
Schneck’s Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a personalized exercise and education program that is individually tailored for each participant by our trained staff of respiratory therapists, exercise physiologists, and nurses.
Our Pulmonary Rehabilitation program has proven to be an effective tool to help individuals with lung disease. Why continue to be short of breath and fatigued? If you have a breathing difficulty, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain through Schneck’s Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program.
For further information regarding Pulmonary Rehabilitation, call (812) 522-0155.