Access Your Health Records
Your medical records contain important information about your health history and recent visits to Schneck. For your convenience, you may request a copy of your medical records by contacting the Health Information Services department. Records are available for pick up in person, by mail, or by secure email.
Steps to obtain your health records
- Request your records by calling (812) 522-0103 to reach a Release of Information Specialist or complete a release of information form.
- Visit the HIS department to pick your records up. Your health information privacy is important to us, so be sure to bring a photo ID with you.
- If you are not able to visit Schneck, complete the release of information form and return it to us by mail (Schneck Medical Center, Attn: HIS, 411 West Tipton Street, Seymour, Indiana 47274), fax it to (812) 522-0430, or email us. Be sure to designate how you would like to receive your records.
There is not a fee associated with obtaining a copy of your health records.
What is the cost?
Who can access my medical records?
- You, as the patient
- Parents of patients younger than 18, unless
- With documentation, your healthcare representative, healthcare power of attorney, or legal guardian.
Are emails secured?
Your privacy is important to us. Schneck uses encrypted WinZip files to transmit records via email.